Wednesday, September 10, 2014

After 90 years...

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too moody, focusing so much on the sadness I feel. It doesn't really matter because the whole point of this blog was to give me a way to bleed in words what I was experiencing. I hoped something I wrote might resonate with a consumer,  perhaps encourage thinking in a different direction about their choices for the future. I thought possibly another small business owner could glean some wisdom from here, maybe seeing some of the mistakes made and recognize changes that they could make in time to not follow my path. That was the focus of the post titled  "Fear" a week or so ago, as now the perspective of seeing how some decisions ultimately affected my shop.

Whatever might be learned from this journey, I felt it was important enough to share. And so today's post is really just a link to a story that I hope you will read. Assuming you have some shred of interest in small business survival, , staying relevant, I think it's worth checking out.


Saturday October 13th, 2012

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/13/1144258/-After-90-years-our-family-retail-store-is-closing-its-doors


#after90years #departmentstoreclosing #familybusiness #community #chooselocal #independent #retailers

No comments:

Post a Comment